3/23/12

My Opinion On Typical Middle School Girls (And Some Boys)

Part One of Squirrel's Middle School Survival Guide.

Please note the title. This is my opinion on TYPICAL middle school girls. I'm not gonna go and stereotype; I'm an atypical teenaged girl.

I've had some issues at school recently where people are making a big deal over guys that supposedly like me and one boy that I like. (No comment) However, I don't do this. OK, perhaps I DO tease my friends a LITTLE bit about something like this, but I don't go up to them and tell them that they need to start "going out." Ha. Haha. I laugh.
One of my friends recently started saying that (we shall call this boy 'jeff' because I know no one named jeff) "You should totally ask jeff out!" or "You and jeff are at that stage where you should be going out." I disagree with the previous statements. Several reasons can be provided for this.
Well, for one, what does "going out" even MEAN in middle school?? Nothing, really. In the words of another friend, "When someone asks you out you just say 'yes' and then you two hang out at lunch and stuff." To me, 'going out' really only qualifies as 'going out' when you can drive or if your parents take you two out to something. "Going out" later in life consists usually of going out to a dinner and talking, and trying to get to know each other in hopes of one day getting married. In middle school, you shouldn't think about getting married; you haven't even thought about going to college, getting a job, or anything else like that. 
So calling "going out" in middle school is just dumb; embrace your childhood. Ask your parents. They'll probably tell you that you should embrace it.
When the obnoxious middle school girls decide that it's funny to tease you about liking one of your guy friends, insult them. Not right up there insulting them; just ignore them. They're expecting a red, embarrassed refusal. But if you don't give them one, they should hopefully learn "Oh, pooie. This person doesn't care one bit."
I had an experience on my bus with a gaming nerd friend of mine (we video game nuts rock) and this obnoxious obnoxious OBNOXIOUS girl. No names here, but she decided it would be funny if she did something like tell him to a) kiss me or b) say that I was his girlfriend. After about ten minutes refusing, she took my T-square (taken to school because they only have crappy rulers that cannot be used as a tsumugari) and threatened to snap it in half if we didn't say the above.
I said "Okay" quite nonchalantly, took out my iPod, cranked up Pirates of the Carribbean, and started staring out the window. Sadly, my geek friend didn't pick up on my hint that she wasn't serious, and about five minutes before the bus got to Ms. Obnoxious' stop he gave in and said it.
She hasn't bugged ME about it since, but sadly, I can't say the same for my friend. 
Ignorance is bliss, in some cases. :)


On a significantly less serious side note, I would like to point out that ants take a while to suffocate. I tried putting one in a ziploc bag and it STILL hasn't died.
Yes. We have ants. Oh well. They're fun to torment. Just ask my cousin Shyruni or my grandma about the "pit of despair..." hehe.
I'm outta here.

1 comment:

  1. I concur with thine statements. What you need to do is insult them in Elvish.

    try one of the following:

    1. LABO VI ORODRUIN! (go jump in mount doom)
    2. NAE UNGOLIANT MEDITHA LAE! (may Ungoliant devour you)
    3. NOSTACH BE ORCH GAER! (you smell like ten orcs)

    ReplyDelete

To comment without a Gmail account simply select whichever account type you have OR Anonymous when it asks for your ID. Be sure to leave your name! It's terrible to be known as "anonymous" for all eternity!