3/21/13

Qoute-tastic

If you know me, you know that I LOVE qoutes, and work them into conversation a great deal. Here are few of my favorites:


"Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My Brothers!
I see in you eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. 
There will come a day when the age of men fails. 
But it is not this day. 
In an hour of wolves! And shattered shield, when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship.
But it not this day! 
This day we fight!
By all, that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand,
Men of the West!"

- Aragorn, the Lord of the Rings, the Return of the King


"Arise, Riders of Theoden! 
Fell deeds awaken, Fire and Slaughter!
Ere the sun rises on this day, 
A sword day! A red day!
Ere the sun rises!
Ride, ride now! Ride, Ride ofr ruin, 
And the end of all things! 

Theoden, the Lord of the Rings, the Return of the King

"You have enemies? Good. That means that at some point your life, you stood up for something."

- Winston Churchill


"Your only alive once, as far as we know, what could be worse then getting to the end of you life, and realizing you hadn't lived it? 

- Edward Albee
"The Grid. 
A digital frontier.
I tried to imagine clusters of information as they move through the computer.
What did they look like? Motorcycles? Ships?
Were the circuits like freeways?
I kept dreaming of a world, I thought I'd never see.
And then, one day...
I got in!" 

- Flynn, TRON: Legacy

"True inspiration is impossible to fake."

-Dominic Cobb, Inception

"Faithless is he that says 'farewell' when the road darkens."

- J.R.R. Tolkien

"Not all who wander are lost."
- J.R.R. Tolkien 

"Courage is found in unlikely places." 

- J.R.R. Tolkien

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

- J.R.R. Tolkien

"End? No, death is simply a path- one that we all must take."

- Gandalf, the Lord of the Rings, the Return of the King.

" I've known people that the wolrd has thrown everything at to discourage them..  to break their spirit. And yet, something about them reatin diginity. They face life and don't ask quarters"

- Horton Foote

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in the stars, but in ourselves." 

- William Shakespeare.


These are just a FEW of my favorite qoutes. There are much, much more. 

3 comments:

  1. One quote you got wrong; it is "Courage is founf in the unlikeliest of places".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, that came DIRECTLY from the Hobbit. it's "unlikely".

    ReplyDelete

To comment without a Gmail account simply select whichever account type you have OR Anonymous when it asks for your ID. Be sure to leave your name! It's terrible to be known as "anonymous" for all eternity!