3/25/13

Captain America


I love Captain America. I don't love him becuase he's invincible or is super powerful. I don't like him because he has awesome superpowers, or adamantium claws. I like him becuase he is pure. He's pure in every sense of the word. There is nothing about Captain America that is inferior or contaminating.

I've been told that I'm a lot like Captain America. One of my friends even calls me Cap sometimes.  It may just be our similar Myers Briggs Personality Type, ENTJ/ESTJ with a slight fluxiation of iNtuitive over Sensing. It may be that we both love America and everything that it was meant to stand for it.

We're both natural born leaders. I've been in simulated war zones, and you can ask any of my buddies, when we're playing airsoft, I always take command. Captain America take command immediately in any situation.

Captain America is not afraid to stand for what he believes. Neither do I. Consider this Captain America qoute:

"It doesn't matter what the press says. It doesn't matter what the mob or the politicians say. It doesn't matter if the entire country decides that something wrong is right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up  for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the River of Truth and tell the whole world, 'No, you move.'" 

I stand for everything that I beleive with a wide, iron stance. Push me over- I dare you. Argue my beliefs with me- they're infallible. Why? Because my beliefs are passed solely upon the Bible, which is the word of God.

Another similarity is that I don't let my emotions affect my desicions. Captain America does this too. For instance, at the end of the movie Captain America: The First Avenger Cap is faced with choice: Crash the plan and potentially die, leaving behind everything that he's developed over the short time that he was Captain America, or he can try and save his life. He chooses the descision that will not benefit himself, but those around him.

I would die to save two lives, let alone a million.

So, if you ever need a Captain America, I'm your man. Add a comment if you too love Captain America.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment without a Gmail account simply select whichever account type you have OR Anonymous when it asks for your ID. Be sure to leave your name! It's terrible to be known as "anonymous" for all eternity!