5/8/13

Musings on Death


"Death grins at us all. All we can do is smile back." - Gladiator.

For the past month or so, I've been thinking a lot about the possibility or World War Three. In my opinion, we've got between five and twenty years before somebody (probably North Korea) nukes somebody else (probably America), and World War Three is begun.

Believe it or not, I've actually been anticipating this. Why? Well, as I've expressed before, I am a major chauvinist. I love America, and would happily fight to defend it. That, and I also love indulging in war games, such as airsoft and paintball.

I think that it's natural for everyone to believe that they'll survive anything. As humans, we have a natural survival instinct. So, naturally, I assume that when WWIII comes 'round, I'll be a survivor, right?

Wrong.

Today I was reading the back of a book about Winston Churchill when the thought came to me: I would be in serious risk of sudden death. Soon after, I went on a bike-ride, and these thoughts came to me as I cycled the network of dirt roads around my house.

What if I died right now? What if a meteorite fell on me as I was cycling around. What if a bullet was but through my head? When I die, will it be quick? Or will I be wounded and linger in pain for a while until my body gives up? Will anybody try and save me, or will I be friendless at the end of my life? Will I die a violent death, or a humane death? Will I die my sleep? Will I be hit by a car?

I have no real idea of what will happen, but luckily, I am rest assured that I am saved from hell by the blood of Christ, and am headed to heaven when I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment without a Gmail account simply select whichever account type you have OR Anonymous when it asks for your ID. Be sure to leave your name! It's terrible to be known as "anonymous" for all eternity!