2/9/12

Happy Birthday!

If you didn't know, Today is Squirrel's birthday.

Also if you didn't know, she's turning 13.

In J.R.R. Tolkien's  The Hobbit there where 13 dwarves. Bilbo Baggins, the hobbit that the story is about, is the 14th member of the group. He saves them from all kinds of perils, like giant spiders, disgruntled elves, and dragons.

I believe 13 to be an unlucky number, as does most of society. But, my manhood ceremony was on Friday the 13th, so it can't be all bad.

In the J.R.R Tolkien's The Two Towers three good friends are traveling when they come along some Rohirrim, who are kinda hostile. I will quote the book.

"What are a man, a dwarf, and a elf doing in the Mark?" asked Eomer.
"Tell me your name and I'll tell you mine." replied Gimli. Eomer dismounted and approached the dwarf.
"I would cut off your head, if it stood but a little higher from the ground." growled Eomer. Legolas nocked an arrow and aimed at Eomer.
"You would be dead before your sword fell."

Squirrel is one of my best friends. There are probably a lot of people that I save. But there are only four that I go to drastic measures to save. Squirrel is one of 'em.

So happy birthday.

For Gondor,

Will Christian De Man.


1 comment:

To comment without a Gmail account simply select whichever account type you have OR Anonymous when it asks for your ID. Be sure to leave your name! It's terrible to be known as "anonymous" for all eternity!