3/28/13

Musing of Captain America

{Qoutations may contain some breif, mild profanity, but as George Patton said, 'You can't run an army without profanity.'}


I have one duty, and that is to be a man. But not just a man in the physical sense, but really, truly a man. I must reject pasivity, accept responsibility, and lead couragously.

I am Will Christian De Man, also known as Captain America. I have a responisbilty, a duty, a truth about me. It is this one truth: I am composed of a duty, honor, and courage.

Courage- it can be so hard to be couragoues sometimes. But, General George S. Patton of the Third Army said: "A real hero is he who fights when he is scared. Some men get over their fright in a minute under fire. For some, it takes an hour. For some it takes days. But a real man will never let his fear of death overpower his honour, his sense of duty to his country, and his innate manhood."

I make mistakes, so do you. But, Patton also said, "We don't measure succes by how high a man climbs, but how high he bounces when he hits the bottom."

Lets remember those words for often. So often the world will judge you by how high you climb, and you are only succesful if you reach the top. But we will all fall. Over and over again, we're just gonna keep on falling. And bouncing. Bounce high, and then you will be succesful.

Trying something again, and bouncing take courage. Stand, show your mettle, and bounce again.

I'm a leader. I didn't choose this role, it's just were God had put me. Patton also said "War is fought with weapons, but it is won by men. It is the spirit of men that follow and of the man who leads that gains victory."

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."

Just read that last qoutation again. Think about, and do it. I'm going to end this post with a few more qoutes, which will sum all this up. Take a wild guess as to who they're from.

"Battle is the most significant competition in which a man can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood."

"A good plan violently executed now is better then a perfect plan executed next week."

"Better to fight for something then live for nothing."

"AMERICAN PLAY TO WIN AT ALL TIMES. I WOULDN'T GIVE A HOOT IN HELL FOR MAN WHO LOST AND LAUGHED. THAT IS WHY AMERICANS HAVE NEVER LOST NOR EVER WILL LOSE A WAR."

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment without a Gmail account simply select whichever account type you have OR Anonymous when it asks for your ID. Be sure to leave your name! It's terrible to be known as "anonymous" for all eternity!