3/14/13

FACE-EATERS!

This is my entry to the same writing contest. Before you read this, look up the song "Rectifier" from the TRON: Legacy Filmscore and listen to it while you read it.


“I’m being hunted.
“I can feel it.
“I’m being hunted.
“The hairs on the back of my neck are standing on end. Ceaseless shivers run down my spine. I hear noise behind me. Twigs snapping, hands groping. A foul stench rides on the air, filling my suffering nostrils. I could hear a ragged panting behind me, and a shuffling of limbs.
“A cold breeze is cutting across me from the west, blowing my windbreaker about. The dark woods around me cut out menacing silhouettes against the glorious full moon. No creatures scuttle in the undergrowth. There is no sound but my frantic breathing and movement. And that ragged panting. The shuffling of limbs. The groping hands.
“I feel for the small 9mm. handgun in my shoulder holster- my only protection. I pull it out and hit the switch that disengages the safety. The sound resounds in the dead night. I stop and turn, facing the direction that I believe my hunter is in.
“I strain my eyes, searching between dark trees for something- anything! All noise as stopped. My heart is beating a frightened rhythm, deep in my chest. Drums- drums in the deep.
“And then- I just barely see it. It is tall and pale, unnaturally tall and deathly pale. I just caught it in it’s swift movements. This is a beast. An unearthly beast. It stood on two legs, and looked so much like I homosapien that I almost called out to it. But I don’t. I can’t, because fear is  filling my throat. I try to swallow it, but it just fills even more.
“My palms are sweating, making my grip on the handgun slick. I switch hands and wiped my hand on my jeans. I turn, looking for the creature. I turn in a slow circle, holding the gun out in front of me.”
Snap
“I whirl around. The beast is behind me. It’s just standing, with Death’s grin on it’s face. It’s ugly, indescribably ugly. I nearly throw up. It has no face. Only a wide, smiling mouth with two long, saber-like fangs jutting out of that smile. It has massive pointed ears, with cuts in them. It has huge, overdeveloped muscles. It’s shoulders and thighs bulge with tightly packed muscles. It has large abs and a six pack that would scare away WWE fighters.
“I brought up my 9 mm. and fired two rounds into the creature. It was great shot- one slug in the head, on in the shoulder. The creature didn’t even flinch.
“‘[expletive deleted]’
“I fire the rest of my magazine into the creature. No response. Not even a flinch. A long, gruesome tongue comes out of it’s mouth. The tongue was yellow, and resembled a massive slug, oozing out of it’s mouth. I dropped the gun and ran like the devil was on my heels- which he was.
“I tore through the undergrowth, and guttural sound erupting from my throat. Briars cut my face and tear my clothes. I tripped on a root. I feel the beast grab me, pulling my face up to it’s... faceless.
“‘[expletive deleted]’”

Thus is the what was relayed into the throat mic of CIA Agent Carter Olson, codename Mask. When this message was recorded, Agent Olson was on a top secret mission, investigating mysterious reports of a strange homosapien in the greater Grand Rapids area in western Michigan. Agent Olson was pronounced Missing in Action (MIA) in January of 2012. It is CIA policy to not pronounce an agent dead until thirteen months after the disappearance of the agent, or the agent’s body is recovered. After thirteen months of searching for Agent Olson’s body, he has not been recovered, and is officially pronounced dead by the US government.
However, Agent Olson’s throat mic, and 9mm. handgun were both recovered, only a hundred yards from each other.
It is presumed that Olson’s body was completely consumed by this “faceless” creature. The question still stands, however, where is this creature? What is it? Why does it prey upon human flesh?
Recently in the area of greater Grand Rapids, Michigan, several persons have gone missing. One instance was a couple walking the trail at Pickerel Lake.
The man and woman (names withheld for privacy) were just recently found (March 10, 2013) drowned in the lake, and frozen to death. Their faces had been mauled and we had to use DNA samples in order to identify them. No other part of their body was touched.
Traces of a strange venom-like substance was found around the cavities that had once been the couples’ faces. It had DNA changing hormones in it that changed the brain of victim.
When this venom was tested on a lab mouse, the mouse’s face completely disappeared. It’s nose fell off and it’s eyes withered and dropped from it’s skull. It’s eye sockets sealed and two of it’s teeth elongated into large fangs. It attacked it’s fellow lab mouse and ate it’s face. The second mouse went through a similar transformation as the first. Both mice were killed.
The alleged “Face-Eater” is now a top priority for the CIA. All available personnel in the area have made this the capture or death of this creature top priority, as it is a danger to not only US civilians, but also members of the CIA.
All reports of the creature are to be reported to the police or directly to the CIA on a secure hotline. This is a DEFCON 4 priority.
The Face-Eater is believed to be intelligent and capable of opening a door.
Civilians are advised to stay indoors.
We are being hunted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment without a Gmail account simply select whichever account type you have OR Anonymous when it asks for your ID. Be sure to leave your name! It's terrible to be known as "anonymous" for all eternity!